How much do we love shooting gay weddings? So much.
We are therefore tickled pink to announce: Unusually Fine will shoot the wedding of one lucky New York gay couple for free! If you live in New York or are planning a wedding in New York, enter now to win: a full day of coverage by dandy Margaret and foppish Max, the retouched digital negatives, a wedding album, and a free knock-knock joke.
“But isn’t it true that gays can’t be legally married in New York?” Yes. But we're not into waiting around for the law to catch up with justice. We are ready to document every couple that says “I absolutely do,” with or without the state’s recognition. And we’d love to come to your un-wedding, too.
Enjoy our latest moving picture, “the unwedding party,” in which Alice the Wonderlander comes to terms with marriage equality:
So enter now. Post the video to your facebook profile or on twitter. And tell a friend, a co-worker, your grandmother, your haberdasher, or a stranger that they too could have an unusually fine unwedding.
1) You must be a gay.
2) You must be engaged to be married to a gay by the end of 2011.
3) You must be unusual and fine.
4) You must send us 500 words or fewer, in which you explain why you should win our superfantastic contest.
5) You must send a photograph of the two of you being adorable.
6) You must do the hokey pokey and turn yourself about. We mean it. We’ll know if you haven’t.
7) You must submit all entry materials to firstname.lastname@example.org by 4 JULY 2010. (Happy birthday, country. Time to live up to your promise!)
That’s it! Good luck, gays! And a very merry unwedding to you.
Thanks to those of you who voted in our underwear contest. I'm sure that you were more than happy to take a look at our beautiful finalists! I'm afraid that we can't provide you with their contact information. So stop asking for it. But in case you worry that you wouldn't recognize them in a crowd, let us refresh your memory:
The drop-dead sexy #1:
The traffic-stopping #2:
We have counted your eager votes and it seems Anonymous Contestant #2 will be joining us in the studio soon for a free Stripped session! But don't be jealous. It's super easy to get your own. For example:
Just head to our official site to see our portfolio and shoot us an inquiry, and we'll send you our lookbook. For booking and for looking.
By the way, did you see me rock my own shoot? I just want to make sure. I'd hate for any of you to miss it.